Do you have a patient engagement strategy in place?
A recent Deloitte survey found that 70% of respondents indicated that their organizations were moderately/somewhat ready to implement effective patient engagement strategies. While the majority have an established program, half responded that it is only "moderately" or "not at all mature."
For those who need to clearly outline patient engagement for your practice (which translates to patient loyalty, satisfaction, and growth), ask yourselves the following to create an outline for the process:
- Do you know, specifically, who your patients are?
- Are you meeting those patients’ demands for support services?
- Do your services serve to optimize patient outcomes?
- Do your technology solutions allow you to leverage data as a strategic asset?
Klara gives you the power to easily develop a patient engagement flow on one platform.
Your strategy should include the following five elements:
• Therapy: Connecting with patients to provide access to and support with their care. Specific therapy-related solutions include access to care, specialty pharmacy triage, distribution solutions, site of care/infusion site match, lab/test results coordination, and nurse visits.
• Financial: Helping patients obtain the resources they require to stay on therapy. Specific financial solutions include insurance verification, benefits investigation, claims appeals and re-coding, prior authorization, co-pay assistance, and bridge therapy programs.
• Clinical: Providing patients with a point of contact during trials and assisting with transitioning from clinical to commercial drugs, specifically clinical trial support and risk evaluation and mitigation strategies.
• Engagement: Granting patients access to programs via traditional and emerging channels that will help support their unique treatment journeys and enable better long-term treatment outcomes. Specific engagement-related solutions include enrollment and consent, case management, patient adherence programs, portals, assistance with appointments and scheduling, mobile health monitoring, telehealth, and advocacy.
• Education: Delivering educational insights to inform patient decision making and behaviors. Solutions include medical information and pharmacovigilance, nursing educational support, and between-visit care (Deloitte Review).
Keep ahead of the curve by developing your patient engagement strategy. The majority of individuals surveyed saw patient engagement tools "Extremely Important" within the next two years.
Schedule Time with a member of our team to learn more about how your practice can benefit from using Klara. Sales@klara.com